Fundamental Steps to Create the Perfect Social Media Plan
Social media strategy and marketing is a summary of everything you plan to do and hope to accomplish on social media. It’s hard to crack the code of social media marketing, but it’s the thing that all successful businesses use.
Having a more specific plan means that your approach will be more effective. But still, keep it concise – making it too broad will make it unrealistic to measure! A strong brand is a really long process, it’s critical to marketing efforts and an overall growth strategy.
We’re going to go through our ideal plan to help you create a super social media strategy for your business. Sharing your businesses story through top quality content.
How to create your social media strategy
Your social media plan is your overview of everything you want to achieve, and are planning on doing on social media. This will include details such as;
- Business goals and objectives.
- Types of content.
- Approval Process.
- Measurements and analysis.
Make sure your plan also includes the following subsections;
- Social Channels; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn (As well as any others).
- Purpose of your content; Targeting Audience, Social Media Goals and Market Research.
- Planning; Featured Topics, Created Content, Tone of Voice and Blog Posts.
- Measurements; Key Performance Indicators to measure post-performance against your set marketing strategy.
Why You Need a Social Media Content Calendar
- You maintain a consistent posting schedule across each social media channel you choose to be on.
- Creates content ahead of time that tells a consistent story (Avoiding last-minute content to share).
- Publishes on-brand, proofread, appropriate and compliant content.
Create audience personas
Knowing who your audience is and what they want to see on social media is key. That way you can create content that they will like, comment on, and share. It’s also critical if you want to turn social media followers into customers for your business.
When it comes to your target customer, you should know things like:
- Average income
- Typical job title or industry speciality
Get to know your fans, followers, and customers as real people with real wants and needs, and you will know how to target and also engage with them on social media. How can you spread the word about your product or service?
When you update your social strategy, make sure to let everyone on your team know. That way they can all work together to help your business make the most of your accounts.
When you’re ready to put your plan into action, we’re here to help!